Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Toys: Part 2

Remember way back in April when my mom's friends hosted a shower for me and I showed you some of the wonderful gifts they gave me?  Well, I held back on showing you my favorite gift, because it deserves a post of its own.  It's one of the greatest gifts I've ever received, actually.  It even rivals the three-story fully furnished wood dollhouse my father built for me when I was five, custom made to fit my Barbies.  Yes, this gift is that wonderful.

Ready?


I have this thing for vintage days of the week embroidered dish towels.


My best friend Abby told her mom about this, who, it just so happens, is an expert at embroidery.


So as my wedding gift she made me these towels, which went along with my nautical themed wedding.


The pattern is from the 30s or 40s.


She kept going and made extras... nautical-themed, of course.


This one she designed off of the sailboat on our wedding invitation:



It features my (new) last initial and our wedding date, Aug 13.
And now, the piece de resistance!



Here's a closer look:


The nautical flags spell Andrew <3 Monica.  Awww.

Unbelievable, right??  No one in the history of weddings has ever received a more thoughtful, personal, and beautiful gift than this.  I'm a lucky girl.  Thanks, Diane!  I will cherish them all my life.


2 comments:

Michela Bedard said...

incredible!

Xave said...

What a beautiful and generous expression of love! Nothing can top such a personal creation and loving devotion of time.

I only stumbled on your blog today, 2/4/17, and was immediately drawn in by your warm and sincere writing. Now I'm wondering if you still blog and what's current in your publishing. I'll search for more.

Thanks